Saturday, August 1, 2020

Hypothetical Fences

My dad was in Colorado visiting us last week. He helped us build a fence along the outer border of our property. I have been sensing a need to circle the wagons, and create a more private space. Who knows where society is headed? I am moving toward a greater amount of self-sufficiency by creating a homesteading space in what I have been given. I would like to grow my own food, both plant and animal. If you know me, you'll understand when I say that I just want to be prepared for when the zombies come. Surely this strong, solid fence will keep out all of the outside things that will keep my work from being fruitful. 



Sometimes it is easy to make a plan and take the steps necessary to complete the goal. Other times nothing makes sense, and the plan just doesn't come together. Today is one of those days. I am tired, and feeling defeated by the constant changing of life's tide. 

The fact of the matter is that no matter how solid we build the hypothetical fences of life, they will not stand a chance if we are not keeping step with what the Lord intends. At the very most, He will leave the 99 to retrieve the wayward sheep. At the very least we will experience dissonance until we realign ourselves with the Shepherd. Proverbs 19:21 confirms this. "Many are the plans in the mind of a person, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." 

Maybe you gave up the ultimate education dream to answer the call of Christ. 
Maybe you are homeschooling your children even though you swore you'd never do that again. 
Maybe you are a woman challenging the norms and expectations of everyone else's religion. 

What is your maybe, Dear One? 

There is hope, and reassurance. Despite the maybes that we are walking in, we will find greater comfort in rooting ourselves in the truth of the Lord's love for us. He says "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for your good. Plans to give you hope, and a future!" (Jeremiah 29:11) Even when we do not know how it will turn out, God does. The creator of the universe, the creator of the shifting seasons, has designed my life...your life... with purpose and adventure. There is a perfect balance of failure and success. And God knows. 

If we can walk in this, then maybe there would be less defeat and more celebration over being kept from a path that our feet should not be on. 

Be blessed, Dear Ones. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment